Family Portrait

Family Portrait
DJ, Shannon, Hailey & Katie

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Shannon

This year has been a busy and fun one!

I substitute teach for Lincoln Public Schools and work 3-4 days a week.  A blessing for our family, I'm grateful for the opportunities in the schools.  I also teach piano lessons - 6 students currently.

In terms of community service, I served as the secretary for the Heartland Republican Women and Pound Middle School.  Another highlight of my year was serving as a poll worker for the November general election.

Teaching the 8-9 year olds in Primary and serving as the Faith in God Girls leader has also been an important part of my year.  These children are truly from our Heavenly Father and it has been a joy getting to know them.  At the last minute, I accepted an assignment to serve as a "group mom" for our service Youth Conference.  It was amazing fun (Yay stripling penguins!!).

My physical activity goals are flourishing.  I jog/walked the Dorothy Dash in Kansas City this last April, with my friends Janelle and Wendy.

I also participated in the Red Kettle Run again this year - and Hailey and Katie came with me!

We went to Gatlinburg, Tennessee for spring break.  The weather was beautiful, the people charming, the tourist traps expensive, and we had a relaxing, pleasant vacation!





No comments:

Post a Comment